Daily Mass (M-F)
- 8:00 am
- 8:00 am
- 5:30 pm
- 7:30 am
- 9:00 am (Español)
- 11:00 am
- 6:00 pm (Español)
December 8, 2014: Feast of the Immaculate Conception:
- English mass will be held at 8:00 am and 12:00 n in the Church
- Bilingual mass will be held at 7:00 pm in the Church
November 26, 2014: Thanksgiving Day
- Mass will only be held at 10:00 am in the Church
Most Recent Events:
November 19, 2014
Advent is approaching!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Christmas joyfully celebrates the Perfect Gift, the fulfillment of God’s love in Jesus. This Advent, take time out of the busyness of the season to Find the Perfect Gift. Visit www.findtheperfectgift.org to:
- Celebrate Advent as a family using the online family Advent activity calendar
- Signup to receive daily Advent and Christmas reflections by text or email
- Listen to Advent and Christmas music featuring local parish choirs
- Discover ways to volunteer with Catholic Charities
- Show how you are preparing for Christmas by participating in weekly photo contests
- Invite friends or loved ones to join you at local Advent and Christmas events (i.e. find concerts, talks, caroling, and more happening in your area).
- Watch inspiration YouTube videos
- Shop for fair trade Christmas gifts
- Listen to audio reflections from the Archdiocese of Washington’s Office of Special Needs Ministries
- Be a light in your neighborhood by displaying a Find the Perfect Gift yard sign
Share the joy of the season using #PerfectGift on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more!
November 12, 2014
Visit of the Official Relic for the Postulation of Saint John Paul II
Father Avelino Gonzalez was pleased to host The Servants of the Pierced Hearts of Jesus and Mary whose religious order has the particular call of “making memory of [St. John Paul II’s] legacy to strengthen [their] identity” and who brought the official relic for the postulation of St. John Paul II (containing a circular vial of his blood) to St. Gabriel Church on Tuesday, November 11, 2014 during it’s pilgrimage from Rome.
This unique and blessed event began with a Holy Mass at 7:00 pm, which was followed by a Rosary in petition for the defense of the sanctity of Marriage and the Family, and then followed by veneration of the relic. Each person was able to come forward to venerate and to ask for the intercession of the “Great” Saint. The faithful also received holy cards that were touched to the relic. Mother Adela Galindo, foundress of theServants of the Pierced Hearts of Jesus and Mary, was present to share some words on the life of St. John Paul II.
The St. Gabriel family was honored to participate in such a truly special event.
October 23, 2014
St. Gabriel celebrates the Feast Day of Saint John Paul II
St. Gabriel offered a special evening mass on the Feast Day of St. John Paul II on Wednesday, October 22 at 7:00pm at our main Church. This was different than the event on the evening of October 21st at the St. JPII Shrine, which was the day before. The Mass at St. Gabriel had the unveiling of an original commissioned painting of St. John Paul II by an acclaimed Spanish painter Antonio Capel before the Mass.